Southern Boy in ChiTown

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Good Eats

After my post of a couple of weeks ago about not eating out, we've now managed to get out and do a little discovery of some of the local eats.

Last Tuesday J and I got taken out to dinner by one of my old work friends and one of my old bosses that happened to be in town. Dinner was at Trattoria No. 10 which really was as good as advertised. The next night I had a vendor in town staying at the Wyndham, so we met for dinner a block away at Viand, which J had been wanting me to try. It was good enough that J and I went there the next night.

One of the things I've been trying to find is someplace to eat relatively often that doesn't cost twice as much as what we're used to in Chapel Hill. The Thai place a couple of block away (Amarit) fits the bill although the food is nowhere near the best Thai we've had. On the other hand, Fornetto Mei at the Whitehall Hotel on Delaware is much more expensive but if you're not too shy to order appetizers as entrees it's not bad. The reviews are pretty spotty but we stopped by there Monday night after we flew in and had a really nice late-night meal in the bar area. It'll certainly be worth a trip back.

Lady J's birthday is Tuesday and she's trying to decide between Zest and Roy's for dinner, both good choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home