Southern Boy in ChiTown

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Lying Bastards

You know who you are! "Oh, you're going to Chicago at just the right time - spring is great!" "Wow, you're going to love Chicago in the spring!"

Uh, no. So far the best I can say about it is "hey, the wind doesn't bite through my overcoat quite as bad as it did back in March" or "that constant rain isn't quite as cold now as it was a few weeks ago".

Seriously, kids, didn't you think I'd find out that spring in Chicago is a myth? I'm assuming that you knew I had to come up here anyway so were just trying to make me feel a little better about it and I suppose that was nice of you but seriously, this just pretty much sucks.

In all honesty, Friday evening wasn't that bad. Both Lady J and I had had pretty crappy days and the best thing I can ever think of for that is to get some fresh ocean-blown air. With the Atlantic a couple thousand miles further away than I'm used to, we were perfectly happy with the inland sea of Lake Michigan. It hadn't hit me until then that J hadn't even been to the lake yet, so we walked out Chicago Ave to the Lakeshore underpass and walked up the lakeside to the Oak Street beach. Did a little window shopping on Oak Street and Rush while watching all the Friday diners hitting the restaurants before walking back towards the apartment and checking out the neighborhood Thai place.

But nights like Friday have been few and far between and the forecast for the next week (into next weekend) is for rain or at least heavy clouds every single day. Bleecchh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home