Southern Boy in ChiTown

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Still in ChiHollywood

I mentioned that I was going to be staying in the apartment of a coworker this week. What I didn't anticipate was that it would be stocked with a combination of FHM, Stuff, Maxim and Playboys on the one hand and Sean Hannity and Anne Coulter books on the other. Nice apartment, but dude! Really! I did IM him today and told him I'd be picking up a couple of Al Franken and Michael Moore books to supplement his collection.

It is a nice apartment, though. Similar in layout to the one I had a few blocks north but the furnishings are a little nicer and dude! DishTV!! Although last night that just meant 250 channels with nothing worth watching. The view sucks in comparison - while I can see a bit of the river (and the lake if I lean way out over the balcony) it mostly overlooks a contstruction site for yet another condo highrise.

I'm stressed to the point now of physical discomfort - actually got sick to my stomach today. I can't seem to get a final answer on a start date for the new gig - there's a lot of gameplaying going on that has me really pissed off by now. The answer today I think is to just camp out in my boss' office until I get a straight answer. I'm sure he thinks by now that he's given me one, but he absolutely has not.

3 Comments:

  • I feel for you, man. At her request, I sent an editor a ms. last year, and she hung onto it for over four months. (6-8 weeks is more the norm.) She didn't buy it, but made some suggestions and said she'd like to see the next version.

    I sent her the next version in mid-April--and didn't hear from her. Finally, in mid-June, I dropped her a line, and she responded that she'd be back in touch by the first of July.

    And here I still sit, just me and my tenterhooks... but at least it's not my day-to-day gig, and I'm getting to sit in my OWN house.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM  

  • Hope things work out for you soon. Nothing worse than not knowing.

    By Blogger Cindy Lee, at 10:16 AM  

  • Thanks for the sympathy and support - good news coming I think.

    By Blogger Tony Plutonium, at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home