Southern Boy in ChiTown

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

You Take The Long Way Home - The Last Miles

If you're reading this first - stop! Go on down a few posts and start from the beginning...

Not much more to say. I made it through Virginia without stopping - dropped off of I-77 in Mount Airy for a T-Bell break and drove on home. By that time I'd driven right at 1,000 miles in less than 36 clock hours and about 17 hours in the car. I still had to dump everything out into the living room and drive out to the airport, drop the car off, take the shuttle to the terminal, wait in 97 degree heat for the park-n-ride shuttle than drive my XTerra the hell home.

Damn it's good to be here!

3 Comments:

  • Welcome back. In honor of your arrival we jacked the thermostat down.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:34 AM  

  • Thanks, dude! The adjustment to normal (i.e. unbearable) temps hasn't been as bad as I feared. I guess I really am a southern boy.

    By Blogger Tony Plutonium, at 9:40 PM  

  • Welcome back, TP! Having spent a mere seven hours on the road yesterday, I'm impressed with your fortitude, but I'm assuming it took a lot out of you.

    Nurse, get this man some cornbread and sweet tea! Stat!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home