Southern Boy in ChiTown

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

On the Music Box - Working Late Edition

I've mentioned quite a few new CDs I've bought in the last few months in this blog. So why when I was working late last Thursday night was I listening to Jethro Tull's "Thick as a Brick" and the Doobie Brothers' "The Captain and Me"?

Doing a little better tonight - cranking up Paul Westerberg's "Come Feel Me Tremble" so I can hear it over the dishwasher.

I'm trying to use up the food in the fridge so I don't have to throw out a lot of stuff Saturday, but that unfortunately means that I kinda got to eat at home pretty much every night tonight. Of course it's not like I'm not going to be coming back up here often and HAVE to eat out since I won't have a kitchen, but it still is a little disappointing.

I did go over to Melnick's last night and ate at the bar while watching the final of the CWS. I was home by the time it was over - disappointed, but not crushed. I figure we didn't lose because of the errant throw to first any more than the basketball team won because of Sleepy Floyd's bad pass or Chris Webber's timeout call. We had plenty of other chances to score and other chances to stop Oregon State and didn't, so I hope that kid gets over it quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home