Southern Boy in ChiTown

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Yeah, I'm Still Here

I seem to have worried some folks the last couple of weeks by laying low without really meaning to. I've been back in Chicago this week without J for the first time in a while. Spent most of the week working my ass off then Thursday night, after a particularly tough meeting with a lot of bad news, stopped off at a going away party at the Grand Luxe for one of the project managers and got seriously wiped out. I managed to get some work done Friday but I did it from the apartment (the office building is a ghost town on Fridays in the summer anyway).

I guess I've been uncommunicative - J got worried about me, Dad's been worried about me. I'm okay, kids, just working hard and ready to get the hell out of here. Two more weeks and I give the apartment up and start working from home most of the time. That will be a good thing.

I'd intended to sleep in a little this morning since I was pretty wiped out after Thursday, but naturally I got a call from work around 7 and couldn't get back to sleep. I did make it out for a run (not a very good one I'm afraid) and then back out to finally take some pictures from the top of the Hancock Center (it was bright but hazy, so I'm not expecting much) and do a little shopping. I spent at least an hour and a half at Virgin Megastore and came away with a dB's tribute CD Stand-ins for Decibels which includes a cover of Nothing Is Wrong by Brown Mountain Lights (with my bud Greg Bower), the original Broadway cast recording of Spamalot! and (and I can't believe I'm typing this) the latest CD from Belle and Sebastian. Honestly I was never much of a fan of B&S but I really like what I heard on the listening wall, so what the hell.

1 Comments:

  • You just get your butt back home ASAP!

    LadyJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home