Southern Boy in ChiTown

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Love and Marriage


Saturday has been the kind of day that everyone promised me but that we haven't had many of. Perfect day for a wedding and there were apparently many fortunate couples that made the right choice when setting their dates months before. We stuck our heads into both the Catholic and Episcopal cathedrals in our neighborhood while weddings were in progress and then while we walked down into Grant Park to see Buckingham Fountain, there were two different wedding parties pulling up in their stretches for their photo sessions. Given that the fountain is the focal point of the intro to "Married... With Children", I'm not sure it's where I'd really want my wedding photos taken, but it is quite beautiful.

The fountain at least makes some sense but someone is going to have to explain to me the wedding party having their photos done in the middle of LaSalle in front of the Rookery and the Chicago Board of Trade. Given the location and the fact that the bridal party was all in formal black cocktail dresses, I'm guessing we're not likely to be invited over anytime soon...

1 Comments:

  • The Rookery is my all-time favorite building. I can understand having milestone photographs taken there. Maybe the couple works nearby, or feels that those buildings represent the real architectural heart of Chicago.

    m.

    By Blogger mapgirl, at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home