Southern Boy in ChiTown

Monday, June 05, 2006

Spamalot!

We were fortunate enough to catch Spamalot at the beautiful Cadillac Palace theater in the last weekend of its Chicago run. We had absolutely awesome seats, in the next to last row of the balcony (!) - actually, the seats were fine except that I couldn't get any closeups of the dancers.

If you have a chance to see it, do it. Do it now and do it often. I expected something pretty good but it was better than that. The first act is in large part a retelling of the movie but with a great dance number in the "Bring Out Your Dead" scene (! again) and another one as Lancelot is 'made a man' by the Lady of the Lake and the Laker girls. The second act is as much as anything a spoof of Broadway (and a fine one it is). I ain't saying anything else as I hope as many of you as possible will get a chance to see it.

I haven't picked up the original cast recording yet (with Eric Idle, Hank Azaria and David Hyde Pierce) but I absolutely will (I may hold off on the karaoke version for now).

Oh, we grabbed an extra Playbill that will be going to PC and Kel in the near future.

2 Comments:

  • Eeeeeeee! Thank you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

  • Do you still have your playbill from the June 2006 "Spamalot" performance at the Cadillac Palace Theater in Chicago? We had water damage to our basement and among the items destroyed was my son's copy that was stored in a keepsake binder of his souvenir programs, playbills, etc. I have tried unsuccessfully to locate one through Broadway in Chicago and other venues. I could purchase it from you or borrow it to make a copy. Please advise.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home