Southern Boy in ChiTown

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

In Like a Wallaby, Out Like a Duck-Billed Platypus

Went out running in shorts this morning before light, turned the air conditioning on this afternoon and it's supposed to be 77 tomorrow. So yeah, clearly I'm still in Chapel Hill. It IS going to get cooler next week, but our lows will still not be much lower than Chicago highs.

It's been hard to really think much about the new account and the Chicago adventure until today. We finally wrapped up my old account yesterday so I could really get serious about the new one. Still not definite about living arrangements longer term - the first agency that we use didn't have anything available at the Grand Plaza until June but I'm waiting to hear from the other one. I've at least got hotel reservations for the first 4 weeks, so I'm tempted to go on up and check things out before committing to a corp apartment. Less than two weeks...


I did have time to dial into a couple of meetings with the new customer today. It will definitely be a challenge but I think there's a lot of potential there. As I told a couple of people today, at least it will be fun working on a new, growing account rather than an old, dying one! I've had a couple of chances to talk to some of the folks that will be reporting to me and they seem like they're on the ball - as long as they continue to show me that, my philosophy is to let them do their thing and try to keep everyone else out of their way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home