Southern Boy in ChiTown

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Wardrobe Malfunctions

One of the challenges of this whole working-in-Chicago thing is simply working in an office again for the first time in four or five years. After telecommuting regularly for the last few, I've actually got to go buy some clothes. I did get an indication Friday that the general wardrobe choice is business-casual at least, so I've got something to work with. But I need to be careful with that too, since my employer for many years (and my customer for a few after that) was a high-tech, design-oriented company where walking shorts and Teva sandals were not unusual in the summer. So I hit the sale racks at Kohl's today for cheap slacks and shirts. Still looking for a good pair of shoes to wear to work that will stand up to a long walk from wherever I end up staying, but I found a nice pair at DSW today that will be good for after-work and weekends.

I did hear from my predecesor Friday who the corporate apartment leasing company of choice is and they do have some units in the Grand Plaza, which is the first choice for both me and Lady J - Whole Foods market a couple of blocks away, lots of restaurants and stuff nearby and less than a mile walk for me to work. I'm hoping next week to get something together so we can get the living arrangements settled.

2 Comments:

  • You didn't mention the Nordstroms....

    Lady J

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 PM  

  • That looks AMAZING. So very jealous.

    By Blogger mapgirl, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home