Southern Boy in ChiTown

Monday, February 20, 2006

Culture. Moi?

Found out over the weekend that Lady J and I might have somewhat different ideas about how we want to take advantage of being in Chicago. I started talking about the Cubs and da Bulls and she came back with the Joffrey and opera. There are areas where we do cross over - we both love live jazz and live theater and live classical performances, as well as rawk clubz. Neither of us are particularly fond of blues but I'm willing to give it a try. But she is decidedly not a sports fan - our occasional outings to the local AAA ballpark are more for people-watching and good, cheap food and beer. And I am decidedly not a fan of opera or dance, although I did agree to be dragged to the ballet if she really had to. Just to be a little snarky, I told her that only if someone is doing Nixon In China is she going to get me to the opera.

Well, lo and behold...

Guess I'm stuck.

3 Comments:

  • Any interest in "Monty Python's Spamalot"? It's running late April and early May at the Cadillac Palace Theater and tickets are going fast. Weekends work best for yours truly.

    m.

    By Blogger mapgirl, at 9:33 PM  

  • I'd love to see Spamalot - even though there doesn't appear to be anyone that I've ever heard of in the touring cast.

    I guess it's the closest thing to an opera that I'll be able to coax Southern Boy into!

    LadyJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM  

  • Too bloody right!! Let me spend a minute with my calendar and I'll email you with what weekends I think we'll be in the city (thinking at this point that I/we will be running home every other weekend to take care of things). Lady J's already talking about Wicked as well... :-)

    By Blogger Tony Plutonium, at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home