Southern Boy in ChiTown

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Conan-ator

I noticed by last Thursday that there were a large number of A/V trailers and portable power trucks gathering along the sidewalk on Lake downtown as I walked past from the Red Line to the Aon Center. My initial thought was that they were assembling for some TV filming over the weekend. There were more of them Friday and I kept expecting to turn the corner and find my way blocked by a commercial shoot or something.

It wasn't until Monday that I realized that this was all there for the taping this week of the Conan O'Brien Show at the Chicago Theater. That was an awful lot of cables running across the sidewalk for a TV show taping, but I assume that's what it takes. The Conan thing seems to be a really big deal this week for some reason - he's been on the covers of all of the local papers and magazines and there's something in the local news almost every night. I frankly have never been able to watch one of his shows - actually I've never made it farther into one than about 5 minutes, so while I hope folks enjoy themselves, I don't anticipate being there.

2 Comments:

  • Who's Conan anyway... And why does he need so much anti virus. hardiharhar

    By Blogger tmay245, at 4:06 PM  

  • I can't deal with any late-night talk shows--I've tried to watch several different ones when they had guests I was interested in. But all the hosts seem to have developed these extensive vocal and physical tics, I guess from having to fill so much screen time every night? Probably they think of them as Adorable Signature Moves, but it made me feel like I was staring at someone with Tourette's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home